The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers as a way of celebrating the blogging community and getting to know more people. I was nominated by my friend Sohini (Pen and Paper), who I’d like to thank and hopefully answer her questions to her liking ^^
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers.
- Ask those you nominate 11 of your own questions.
:S here I go ^^
11 Facts About ME:
- I have lived in over 6 countries and been to over 10 different schools.
- I currently am doing a joint-honour in English Language and Drama.
- My ultimate dream in life is to one day be a part of a theatre company for a few years and perform different productions over the country before settling down and opening my own theatre company.
- I am a serious bookaholic (if you couldn’t tell from my blog). All my friends know me as the one out of all of us who reads constantly and my to-read pile is out of control.
- I have two main fears in life: the dark and flying on airplanes.
- I know how to play 3 instruments: piano, oboe and my voice (cause I technically still count it as an instrument cause it is difficult to manage.)
- I love musicals and have been apart of multiple ones in amateur theatre companies such as Annie (as Annie), Oliver (as part of Fagin’s gang), The Sound of Music (as Gretel), Wicked (as Elphaba) and many others ^^
- I also have an unhealthy obsession with chocolate. Keep note: White Chocolate and Galaxy could win me over if you’ve ever done something to upset me.
- I still cry at the end of Titanic. I’m not ashamed to admit that. THEY WERE MEANT TO BE, OKAY.
- I despise cooked carrots. I once had dinner with this guy and his family and they served me cottage pie full of cooked carrots and I had to eat the whole thing out of politeness. I almost cried.
- My family and loved ones are the two most important parts of my life. I always keep them close to me heart and would do anything for them.
The 11 Questions That I Got Asked:
- When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging a couple of years ago and started on Tumblr at first. I have a blog similar to this one with multiple reviews I had done on books and then decided that I wanted to be able to write longer entries that were more accessible and easier for people to find and read so I started this blog. The reason why I started was because, as some who is obsessed with books, I wanted to find a community of people who shared my passion of reading and wanted to read other people’s opinions of books they themselves were reading. Then we could also potentially share our ideas and feelings together.
- What is your favourite thing to do?
My favorite thing to do is to read. But I feel like that’s a given and very automatic response of mine so I’ll give you another favourite thing of mine to do. I like to curl up on my bed with friends and watch movies together and admire, or criticise different films and actors.
- How long did it take you to come up with a name for your blog?
About 15 minutes. I originally came up with it on Tumblr cause I was trying to find a blog name nobody else had. So it just came together and I liked the sound of it.
- What is the best first line of a book you’ve ever read?
Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show – David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I would live where home felt like. Wherever I am, it doesn’t matter to me as long as I am comfortable and with people I like and care about.
- Tell me a joke?
Parallel lines have so much in common.
It’s a shame they’ll never meet.
- What is a talent or accomplishment of yours that you’re proud of?
I once wrote a song that Unicef Greece played for their Anniversary of the Rights of the Child. I was pretty proud of that.
- What is the best thing a person can say to you?
That I did something to make their day better.
- What is the worst thing a person can say to you?
A criticism of a flaw of mine that I am self-conscious about.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
The ability to be invisable. It’s always been something I wanted to do.
- Chocolate, vanilla or strawberry?
Depends what thing you’re asking:p If it’s IceCream, I’d say strawberry. If it’s anything else, I’d say chocolate.
- First I’d like to nominate my friend Sabrina (Sabscatz)
- Then, Bookaholicalert (Bookaholicalert)
- Next, Alysyn (Reinreads)
- Beth (Down The Rabbit Hole)
- Natalie (Owl Introduce You)
- and finally Bookshelf Battle (Bookshelfbattle)
My 11 Questions for you guys:
- If you could travel to any place right now where would you go?
- Are you a sweet or savoury person?
- Favourite Song Lyrics?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
- What are the two things about yourself that you like?
- If you could pick a movie that is influential in your life which one would it be?
- What’s something you’d tell someone if you want to impress them?
- If I handed you 200 pounds (or whatever that is equal to in the currency you have at the moment) what is the first thing you’d do?
- What’s the happiest memory you have?
- Who do you consider as someone you look up to?
- What’s your favourite smell?
Hopefully you all have fun with those questions:) Even if they don’t choose to answer, do check out their blogs, it’s totally worth it!