It has been almost a year since I’ve updated this blog an it’s purely because I’ve found a new job! I’ve poured my time into trying to do well in my first proper “grown-up office job” as well as maintain friendships and remembering to call family that now…we are all in the current predicament that we are…time has actually stopped. Well not the physical act of time but the concept of time. The world has literally put a pause button on whatever we have been focused on and made us spend time with ourselves and strip back our lives into the simplistic set-up of waking up to the same four walls every day. It’s also made many people like myself think back to hobbies we used to enjoy or wish we had more time for. Mine has always been this blog and talking about recent books etc. I think due to the fact I now work in the publishing industry I find it difficult to talk about books in a critical manner. So from now on this blog will purely just be me reviewing books and authors I love and talking about life.
Here are the books that I managed to pack with me when I decided to self-isolated a few weeks ago:
- The Five by Hallie Rubenhold
- The Sky is Mine by Amy Beashel
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams
- The Passengers by John Marrs
- The Secret Common Wealth by Philip Pullman
And here are the books I am slowly getting tempted to purchase from independent bookshops that are still taking online orders!
- Hurricane Season by Fernanda Melchor
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo
- Salt Slow by Julia Armfield
- Three Women by Lisa Taddeo
- Grief is the Thing with Feathers by Max Porter
- My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh
- The Lonely City: Adventures in the Art of Being Alone by Olivia Laing
- Weather by Jenny Offill
Do let me know if you have any other recommendations for me to add to my list!!